This splendid 2-CD set features one dynamic song for every Torah
portion in the books of Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. Creatively
produced and arranged, these thirty spectacular songs (plus two bonus
tracks on each CD) include tracks by such favorite artists as Rabbi Joe Black, Julie Silver, Craig Taubman, Debbie Friedman, Mah Tovu, Sam Glaser,
and many more. Twenty-two of the songs were written especially for this
project. A terrific tool for studying and learning Torah!
Sounds of Holiness: Leviticus in Song
1. Parashat Vayikra: “Offer Your Gifts to God” (Peter and Ellen Allard) performed by Myrna Cohen
2. Parashat Tzav: “Wear the Robe” (Craig Rosen and Wally Schachet-Briskin) performed by Wally Schachet-Briskin & Craig Rosen
3. Parashat Sh’mini: “Ul'havdil” (Bruce Benson) performed by Bruce Benson
4. Parashat Tazria/Metzora: “Tear Down the Walls” (Rick Recht) performed by Doug Cotler & Julie Silver
5. Parashat Acharei Mot: “At One (Meditation)” (Rabbi Joe Black) performed by Rabbi Joe Black
6. Parashat K’doshim: “V'ahavta L'rei-acha Kamocha” (Mah Tovu – Steve Brodsky and Josh Zweiback) performed by Julie Silver
7. Parashat Emor: “V’nikdashti” (Craig Taubman) performed by Patti Linsky
8. Parashat Behar: “B’har Sinai” (Monty Turner) performed by Sam Glaser
9. Parashat B'chukotai: “B'chukotai” (Myla Lichtman Fields) performed by Lindy Passer & Jason Gwasdoff
Sounds of Sinai: Numbers in Song
10. Parashat B’midbar: “I Count” (Sam Glaser) performed by Sam Glaser
11. Parashat Naso: “Ruach Elohim” (Lisa Levine) performed by Lindy Passer & Jason Gwasdoff
12. Parashat B’ha’alotecha: “Eil Na R'fa Na La” (Debbie Friedman) performed by Evan Kent
13. Parashat Shelach Lecha: “Stop! Look! Remember!” (Wally Schachet-Briskin) performed by Wally Schachet-Briskin
14. Parashat Korach: “Vayiplu” (Monty Turner) performed by Alisa Pomerantz-Boro & Linda Kates
15. Parashat Chukat: “Rock Yield Its Water” (Cary Scott Reich) performed by Doug Cotler & Julie Silver
16. Parashat Balak: “Bilam” (Mark Bloom and Rabbi Joe Black) performed by Rabbi Joe Black & Patti Linsky
17. Parashat Pinchas: “Joshua, I Wanna Talk With You” (Peter and Ellen Allard) performed by Myrna Cohen
18. Parashat Matot: “Where Am I?” (Julie Silver) performed by Julie Silver
19. Parashat Mas’ei: “Eileh Hamitsvot” (Bruce Benson) performed by Bruce Benson
Sounds of Promise: Deuteronomy in Song
20. Parashat D’varim: “These Are The Words” (Mah Tovu – Steve Brodsky and Josh Zweiback) performed by Doug Cotler & Julie Silver
21. Parashat Va’etchanan: “I Remember You” (Rabbi Joe Black) performed by Rabbi Joe Black
22. Parashat Eikev: “Adonai is Asking You” (Karen Daniel) performed by Myrna Cohen & Patti Linsky
23. Parashat R’ei: “Uv'nei Y'rushalayim” (Sam Glaser) performed by Sam Glaser
24. Parashat Shoftim: “Tsedek Tsedek Tirdof” (Lisa Silverstein Tzur) performed by Alisa Pomerantz-Boro & Linda Kates
25. Parashat Ki Teiztei: “Lo Ta-ashok Sachir Ani” (Cary Scott Reich) performed by Doug Cotler
26. Parashat Ki Tavo: “Hamakom” (Craig Taubman) performed by Evan Kent & Patti Linsky
27. Parashat Nitzavim: “Mi-Libeinu” (Gordon Lustig) performed by Lindy Passer & Jason Gwasdoff
28. Parashah Vayeilech: “Chazak Chazak” (Julie Silver) performed by Julie Silver
29. Parashat Ha-azinu: “Ha-azinu” (Wally Schachet-Briskin) performed by Wally Schachet-Briskin
30. Parashat V’zot Habracha: “Moses” (Jeff Klepper and Jeff Salkin) performed by Bruce Benson & Patti Linsky
||SOUNDS OF HOLINESS/SINAI/PROMISE SONGBOOK
This extraordinary 152 page songbook provides the sheet music for all 30 songs found on the Sounds of Holiness/Sinai/Promise CD (one contemporary Jewish song for each Torah portion in the Books of Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). Edited by Randee Friedman, Donna Lander and George Fogelman, with transcriptions by Gordon Lustig, the songbook includes vocal lines, guitar chords, Hebrew texts, translations and transliterations, with some vocal harmonies and arrangements.
||SOUNDS OF CREATION/SOUNDS OF FREEDOM - CD
This incredible CD features an upbeat Hebrew or English contemporary for each weekly Torah portion in the books of Genesis and Exodus. The creative talents of many of your favorite Jewish vocalists and composers are represented here, including
Debbie Friedman, Jeff Klepper, Robert Solomon, Bruce Benson, Linda Hirschhorn,
Doug Cotler, Leon Sher, and more. Eleven of the twenty-three selections were written especially for this compilation.
||SOUNDS OF CREATION/FREEDOM SONGBOOK
This 92 page songbook provides the sheet music for all 23 songs featured on the Sounds of Creation/Sounds of Freedom CD (one contemporary Jewish song for each Torah portion in the Books of Genesis and Exodus). Edited by Randee Friedman, with transcriptions by Ruth Disraeli, the Songbook includes vocal line, guitar chords, Hebrew texts, translations, and transliterations.
Recommended products list
Most Popular Items:
SONGS OF THE SPIRIT: THE DEBBIE FRIEDMAN ANTHOLOGY
This amazing anthology collection brings together 45 songs on 2 CDs, spanning over 30 years of Debbie Friedman's trailblazing career. This compilation of re-mastered original songs in Hebrew and English contains favorites from her first fourteen albums, released between 1972 and 2003. Strong, clear vocals, wise and poignant lyrics, and matchless melodies - this collection presents Debbie Friedman at her best, over an astonishing 30 years of music making.
Haftarah Commentary, The
Warehouse Sale! Formerly $50.00. No other discounts apply.
The Haftarah Commentary is a comprehensive new translation of the weekly selections from the Prophets and Writings, complete with meticulously cantillated Hebrew text, commentary and translations, essays, gleanings from sources modern and ancient, notes, glossary, bibliography, and additional selections for use as alternatives to the traditional haftarot. To insure the accuracy and accessibility of the new volume, consulting editor S. David Sperling, a professor of Hebrew at Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, reviewed the entire text and commentary.
Look what they're saying about The Haftarah Commentary:
"Eminently useful."--Rabbi Harold M. Schulweis, Valley Beth Shalom, Encino, CA
"A first-class, actually world-class, volume."--David Noel Freedman, Editor, Anchor Bible Dictionary
"The goal is to entice people into reading the Bible."--Gustav Niebuhr, The New York Times
My Jewish World: An Early Childhood Music Curriculum (Book/CD set)
Music can be a wonderfully effective teaching tool for preschool aged children. My Jewish World guides teachers through the process of introducing and utilizing song in the classroom to teach Jewish values.
In her comprehensive and easy to follow book, Judy Caplan Ginsburgh includes twenty-six songs, religious and secular, that will help to facilitate an environment of fun and learning. Each song addresses important Jewish concepts and many use Hebrew words and prayers. Judy provides comments, activities, and creative ideas, specific for each song, which can be used in the classroom to learn about being Jewish every day. The importance of saying the Sh'ma each morning, learning the Hebrew words for colors, understanding body parts, and the value of cooperation are only some of the Jewish concepts touched on in the book.
In addition, Judy Ginsburgh includes a list of suggested books for many of the topics. These books help to reinforce and expand the lessons laid out in the curriculum.
With a helpful glossary of Hebrew and Yiddish terms and the companion music CD, My Jewish World is a wonderful guide to making music significant in the Jewish classroom.